There is hardly a person in this generation who would know nothing about the planets in our solar system. So, it may not be a necessary topic to talk about when it comes to details about the planets in our solar system. However, just like knowledge is inexhaustible, there are tons of facts – strange facts – about existence in our solar system that we do not yet know, either because they have not been discovered, or because they have not been globally acknowledged.
This article compiles a list of strange facts about existence in our solar system, for the knowledge of the world, and to inform budding scientists about the world they intend to go into.
- The earth is unique in so many ways but one specific feature makes it stand out. This is how much free oxygen is contained in the air around it. Many scientists have explained this in different ways, like its position in the solar system, and the amount of water on the planet. But since no other planet in this solar system has either of those advantages, we could as well agree that they are responsible for this phenomenon, which is now responsible for life.
- The biggest Planet spot ever is seen on the biggest planet, Jupiter. This spot was named ‘The Great Red Spot’ because it was a great storm that looked like a spot from space. Although, like other storms, it is not permanent, it comes from time to time. This implies that it is a seasonal thing. The great red spot is said to be bigger than the earth itself, whereas it is only a spot on Jupiter. As a result of this, the Jupiter retains the record of the planet with the biggest spot, while it is also the biggest planet.
- The biggest sand storm in this solar system can be found on Mars. The storm is so big that it encapsulates the whole planet for up to a month at some stretch. No other storm know to any man lasts that long or is ever that big. This storm is why pictures of the planet Mars are sometimes reddish in color when taken from space.
- The most spectacular ring on any planet is shaped like an hexagon. The fact that Planet have rings is not discretionary enough for a topic like this. However, an hexagonal ring is worth the awareness and adoration of the whole Universe. This ring can only be found on Saturn, around its north pole. It is also said to be big enough to contain the earth four times; bigger than the great red spot.
- Speaking of rings, the rings around the planet Saturn are the most numerous. Being the same planet with the most spectacular ring and the most number of rings, it might be quite descriptive to call Saturn the planet of rings. The rings around Saturn are also wide enough to contain millions of earths.
There are many more interesting facts about the planets, which are being discovered year by year, and knowing them could be an informative level of environmental awareness.