To live is to be healthy, and good health starts from having a healthy environment. Climate and weather changes can have some effects on the health of human beings on earth. Such effects as food, water and air pollution, even extreme occurrences such as draught and famine. You might want to know that our daily activities affect our environment in different ways that may affect our health. Here are a few of them;
- FOOD WASTING – Wasted food releases methane into the air which is toxic. You can use waste and leftover foods for manure and composting in your various homes and farms.
- PLASTIC USAGE – The use of plastic, especially to pack food items and meals must be reduced.
- PRESERVATIVES USAGE – The general use of preservatives on food items may be harmful to our health.
- PESTICIDES USAGE – Many people just spray the pesticide when they get without reading the about application or its hazards.
- PROCESSED FOOD – if you buy food that is mostly packed in tin containers, you should check to see where it comes from and also read the information on how to cook it (if it needs cooking) and how to dispose the tin.
- BUYING FROM COMPANIES WHO ARE NOT ECO-CONSCIOUS – If you are buy from companies who are not conscious of the environment, you may be helping them pollute the environment.
- USAGE OF CHEMICAL PRODUCTS – There are many chemical products that affect the environment hazardously. Make sure you reduce your usage of chemicals and if possible, find a natural substitute.
- NOT RECYCLING AND REUSING YOUR BAGS – Use washable bags such as cotton or canvas bags that are also biodegradable to reduce environment pollution.
- GASOLINE USAGE – If there are other options that will limit the use of gasoline like a manual push lawn. This is also considerate on the environmental health of the neighborhood.
- DRYING CLOTHES WITH MACHINE – It is actually safer for your clothes to be dried out in the sun and by air as it also very considerate for the environmental health.
- USE OF VEHICLES – The use of cars, bus, truck, lorries increase the amount of exhaust released into the air. However, we can adopt the use of bicycles for both exercising and transportation.
- FALLING OF TREES – Trees are one of the most important sustainers of human life on earth. We are supposed to be planting trees, not falling them. Planting trees will help us to live healthier and longer.
- DUMPING OF WASTES AND REFUSE IN WATER – Many homes take their water from running streams and rivers. However, lots of homes and companies dump their wastes in water. To avoid illnesses, we must act against such acts and also conserve water through rain etc. till there is no more wastes in our rivers.
Hands of couple farmers holding young green plant, concept – farming family business
Many other things that people do as part of their daily activities contribute to the health challenges we experience in the world. We must all make sure we take into consideration our environment in the way we relate with it.